Just so y’all know, this was originally supposed to be Monday Blues, but then I really did have the Monday blues after a tough Panther loss on Sunday and a rough workday Monday. So, you get to enjoy this on a Tuesday.
In case you didn’t know, I am a huge fan of pink. It’s my favorite color, the color of my engagement ring and wedding ring stones, and basically the color of my life. That being said, I live in a house with 2 boys and 2 male dogs, so I am surrounded by a lot of stereotypical blue. The good news for me is, blue looks fab with my hair and my eyes. Therefore, I am going to embrace the hot new blue looks out for the spring transitional phase and share with you my favorite blue fashions right now.
- I have a serious obsession with cardigans. I think other than dresses, this is the largest section in my closet. I just love that they work in every season based on their weight, and they still look more stylish than a coat you need to take off and on. This navy blue aztec print cardi would be perfect to throw over leggings on the weekend, or even belt over a pencil skirt for the office. (And it’s on sale!)
- This outfit is EVERYTHING. I need this in my life. I think it is the perfect mom on the go outfit (for me, of course) or just the perfect “I just threw this on” outfit for any weekend event. I don’t know why I am surprised at how perfect this outfit is since it’s J.Crew, but gimme the sweater, shorts, shoes, purse and I may never wear anything else in my closet again. Jenna Lyons, you know my heart.
- Of course you need a blue statement necklace in your collection. This one could jazz up a white t-shirt, or even go perfectly with the navy jumpsuit.
- OH.MY.GOSH. This jumpsuit is divine. I actually haven’t ever ventured into jumpsuit territory, but this one is perfection. It would be amazing with silver heels for a fancy night out, or even in flats for a day of errands. I know Christmas is over, but can I get just one more gift Santa?
- Henley and popover style shirts are my go-to right now. They allow easy access for nursing without screaming “nursing top”, and also skim away from my “problem areas”. Anthropologie always does an amazing job with this style and cut of shirt, and this blue print henley is no exception. This with white pants and some red flats would be perfect come summer time.
- While I used to be a 4-5″ stiletto heel girl, those make me nervous now when carrying around the nug. Y’all, he’s 20 lbs and teetering around in those skinny heels just terrifies me. Lucky for me, wedges have gotten to be so sexy. This blue wedge by Nine West is amazing and I could literally wear it all the time, and I love a shoe with versatility.
What are y’all’s favorite blue hued fashions right now? Is there something out there that NEEDS to be in my closet? All these fun pops of color are making me long for spring…