Today is the day….the first day I go back to work and the first day I don’t spend every waking minute with my precious baby. It’s going to be tough, I know it. “Luckily”, I got an extra week with him because my dad had a heart attack last Thursday and I went down to stay with him while he was in the hospital – and take care of him when he came home. Plus, SJ can cheer anyone up, ESPECIALLY his Grandpa. However, that is a post for another day.
Since I knew today would be a very somber day for me, I decided to make this post dedicated to something pretty. I found this picture on pinterest and knew I wanted to revamp our bedroom.
I am still trying to find the perfect nigh stands and lamps, so I thought I would first makeover our bed. We actually already have that chevron duvet from West Elm, but it’s on a big chunky four poster bed with boring white sheets. Here are my plans to make everything more modern and a little more luxurious.
1. That bed frame is exactly what I have been looking for! It’s tufted, gray, and upholstered. Very glamorous, yet neutral enough to makeover multiple times (which I will). Plus, it’s from Target so that price is just as enticing as the bed itself.
2. This chevron duvet from West Elm is the love of my life. I think I will be able to use it for years to come mixing with patterns, colors, solids, you name it. And it’s super soft and organic, so I can feel a little better about my environmental footprint. Plus I snagged it on super sale, so I paid about $75 for a king size duvet and two shams.
3. I wanted to keep this whole look very monochromatic because I think that feels very luxurious, but I still wanted to layer patterns. These stripe sheets from West Elm are a beautiful gray and white stripe that play off of the chevron, however they aren’t so loud that they clash. Always splurge on high thread count sheets – it’s the difference in staying at the Ritz….or the Econolodge every night.
4. Everything Caitlin Wilson makes I die over. She is a genius when it comes to layering patterns and colors. These mint and coral throw pillows are the perfect pop in a black and gray bedroom. Y’all know I can’t go without any color! She has a large assortment of collections and these are a part of her Mint Fleur Chinoiserie collection. Perfection! And on my Christmas list. Hope Santa reads my blog.
5. So, y’all probably think I am crazy, but I am loving the idea of painting my master bedroom black. Or at least the wall that the bed is against. Currently, it’s a bright aqua that is gorgeous, but I want our bedroom to feel more glamorous than playful. It makes it feel like a resort more than just our bedroom. This is Universal Black by Benjamin Moore. I will definitely grab about 4 paint pots before settling on the perfect black, but I liked how this looked online.
What do y’all think? Would you go black in your bedroom? Also, I need help deciding on nightstands…Should I go mirrored, white lacquer, stay monochromatic with a gray, or even bring in some chunky wood? Help me out!! I am still searching for all the perfect pieces to finish the room, but for now I will snuggle up in this perfect bed.