I want to apologize for my lack of blogging, but a LOT has been going on in my life lately. I will catch you up on all of that eventually, but for now, I have to tell you about a new addition to the Phaler family.
Now, we still have to wait months before it is perfect and will be loved by all of our family, but I thought all of you would love to meet it now….
Ha, I bet yall thought I was going to show you the ultrasound of the baby, didn’t you?! Well that will come later on – all the details of the new human addition coming to our family, but for now, we just got a new dining room table! We also got a hutch, buffet, and rug; but we still need to pick up the hutch and buffet.
Now, why would I start working on the dining room with a baby on the way? Well I am assuming that we will have a few more people at our house in the upcoming months, so I wanted to have somewhere to enjoy family dinner with everyone rather than splitting half of the group at the breakfast table and the rest on the couch in the den. I found this gem on craigslist and while it needs a little bit of a facelift, I couldn’t be happier with it.
Let me show you my overall vision for this super fun and quirky dining room of ours….I have of course
had Sean put together an inspiration board to make it easier to envision it on your end as well.
It started with the top two images that I found on pinterest. The left image I loved for the modern glamour that came with the black, white, and grey; but I have a chartreuse damask print painted dining room; so when I saw the right image with the chartreuse chairs, chevron rug, and turquoise curtains – I was also in love. I wanted to come up with a fun way to put it all together. I have searched high and low for a sleek, modern table in our price range that was either already white or could be painted white so that I could emulate the dining set in the first image. However, when I found the cherry dining room set on craigslist, I was head over heels for it!! So I have a few things to tweak still, but I will give you our initial plans.
- First off, I bought this chevron black rug from RugsUSA. I am obsessed with Chevron (see our bedroom inspiration board) and I loved this bold black and white pattern. We got it in the mail today and I think it pairs well with our busy walls since it’s such a large chevron print. What do you think?
- While I do love modern glamour and the look of black and white, I love color and the quirkiness of pairing bold colors together, so I found these curtains at WorldMarket and decided just to throw them in there. We are going to try and pick them up this weekend to see how we like them with everything else we have so far. Plus, for only $15 a panel, you can’t really go wrong.
- I love the look of chandeliers, and I love how this black chandelier makes a bold statement but still pairs well with the chevron rug and is neutral enough to not overpower the print on the walls.
- Currently, I am torn on these chairs I found at WorldMarket. I originally wanted them since i planned on having grey wooden chairs, but now that we have cherry wooden chairs, I am not sure how well they will go together. I still love the chair though, so I will update you after we check them out.
- This is our printed dining room wall. Two days, two gallons of paint, and two very sore sets of arms – we painted this design ourself with a help of a stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils. They have some great options and we are looking at maybe using one in the nursery as well….
So what do you think? I know for a lot, it’s a pretty in-your-face room, but that’s what I love. I want you to come to our house and remember the food, the company, and how fabulous of a dining room you got to eat in! I will keep you updated as we add in more over the next few months – as well as provide the total cost, because right now I am pretty excited about how well I am staying within the budget Sean gave me!
My goal is to start blogging at least 3 times a week. I have so much more going on in my life, so I can actually write interesting things that you want to read! Also, I promise to provide a pregnancy update…..and a nursery update once we know what the sex is!
Thanks for coming back and reading even though I’ve led you on since September!!