It’s finally starting to feel like fall! It’s only chilly in the mornings and then blazing in the afternoon, but still those morning walks in 67 degree weather make me so excited for leaves, scarves, and cozy clothes.
Fall 2012 has definitely not disappointed with aztec prints, polka dots, oxblood, and leather. While I can’t afford a fabulous pair of $600 leather pants, I have found a way to incorporate a little bit of trend into my wardrobe this year without breaking the bank. Without further ado, check out my fall fashion wish list of 2012.
- This is a definite wish list for me as it’s a gorgeous Tibi silk shift dress, but how perfect would it be for fall weddings or even just for a fun date night.
- A work essential! I still haven’t bought a J. Crew No. 2 pencil skirt, but I plan to this fall and in such a fun color.
- Kate Spade will always have my heart, and one day my wardrobe will reflect that. For now I will lust after these perfect polka dot heels – that would be a great match with my Tibi dress.
- Frye boots, the most essential fall piece I think every girl should own. A colleague of mine has a pair and they look just as perfect now as when she first wore them. Maybe I can cross my fingers and hope I will get these from Santa.
- I adore the Aztec prints for fall and Modcloth has made this cozy sweater that would match so much that’s already in my wardrobe and would be great for work or the weekends, especially topping those teal GAP cords.
- Leather is so hot for fall, and peplum is still a huge trend. I love this “vegan leather” (the new word for Pleather) peplum top from Piperlime and it would add just the right amount of polish to any of the pieces in my list.
- I am DYING over these teal GAP cord leggings. A good amount of stretch for my thick legs and they are my current fall color obsession, even though oxblood is the “IT” color.
- Speaking of oxblood, J. Crew did it just right with polka dots and a perfect fitting sweater. This would be another piece I can wear with so many other pieces in my closet.
- Back to my love for pleather this season – I love pencil skirts because they are so flattering on every figure, and a Piperlime “vegan leather” one adds just enough edge to take this from the office to drinks….plus i have some hot Leopard print booties that could really sass it up.
Well which pieces do you love? Are you on board for the leather trend this fall or is it a little too old school rock and roll for you? I am hoping to add the less expensive pieces into my wardrobe this fall and can then style them with my other clothes for all new looks! If anyone wants to put that Tibi dress, Kate Spade shoes, or Frye boots on your “What I should get Nicole for her birthday” list…..I wouldn’t fight you about it. 🙂
Until Next Time…