Can anyone else believe that it is now the 6th month of the year? I feel like 2012 has been the fastest year in my life yet….
So now that I started a blog to help keep myself accountable, I thought I should put together a list to be accountable for. I may be done with wedding planning but I still have a lot of life planning ahead of me. I have decided to put together monthly goals and tackle them from there. I get overwhelmed easily, so baby steps will definitely help. Ok, enough chit chat. Let’s get to the meat of this post.
My Our (I will obviously be dragging the husband into this) Goals:
- Drink only one soda a week. This is definitely my goal. Sean doesn’t drink soda and I can’t stop. I need to hydrate with water and give up this addiction.
- Work out at least 3 times a week. I used to be a college athlete and worked out up to 4 hours a day. Now I can barely get up the gumption to go run a mile for 10. I will say though that we had a pretty good regimen this week of sprints and shooting. Marrying an ex-college athlete is a good way to have a built-in workout buddy.
- Eat more veggies! This is a huge one for me. I love veggies, but I just don’t ever buy good fresh veggies or I do and they go bad before I cook them. We are hitting up the big Farmer’s Market this weekend so hopefully that will help.
- Organize my closet. I have a lot of clothes, but nothing is really in an order that makes it easy to get dressed in the morning. I am going to shop my closet this month and put together some great outfits! I also may try to do 30 for 30 remix from Kendi Everyday and see what kind of results I can get.
- Fully decorate one room. On top of a lot of clothes, I have a lot of rooms to deal with. My (self-diagnosed) ADD kicks in a lot and I find items for all of them at some period of time. Every room has a little something in it, but no room is fully done. I will have one done by the end of June. I was hoping for the bedroom, but I think with our funds it may be our Den. Don’t worry, I will have a fun inspirational board for that and hopefully a before and after within the next couple weeks.
- Try one new recipe a week. No real explanation here, just love cooking and don’t want to get caught in another spaghetti rut like this week.
- Throw one great cookout/get-together. This may actually become a recurring monthly goal. We have great friends and I definitely don’t want to lose touch with anyone now that I am “old and married”. Plus I can throw in a new recipe for it and make good use of my Pinterest boards!
Ok, that is it for now. Not too overwhelming, but still a good amount to accomplish. I also read on twitter today that you should make a list every Friday of all you accomplished as a small ego boost, but I was lazy this week and we will put together a list for next week.
Our weekend plans include a lot of yard-saleing, some painting, and definitely a little wine. I will make sure I keep better documentation of my life so that I can re-cap the weekend productivity next week!
Lots of love,