I thought I would start off my inaugural blog post with the reasoning behind starting a blog. I mean, why start one? It’s not like I am not busy all the time as it is. Why add another item to my daily to-do list for a group of people that I am hoping will eventually exist and be interested in what I have to say? Well, here are the reasons behind why I, Nicole Iris Maready Phaler, am starting a blog.
- Everyone’s doing it. I am a firm believer that there is a reason bandwagons exist. It’s true if all my friends jumped off of a cliff, I would too. I mean hell, they are clearly having a good time doing it. If there’s still a bandwagon to jump on it must be fun and also legal, because no one has shut it down at this point. I read blogs constantly and it’s so great to learn things and read about the astounding creativity that exists in the world. I am going to love to pass on new things I learn, fun stuff I am doing, and even just use it as a place to vent when life gets crazy. People have gotten behind all of the thousands of other blogs, so it’s about time I add to that list and bring a whole new perspective to the fun world of blogging.
- I have a lot of time on my hands now that our wedding is over. When you are planning for a wedding, you invest so much time and emotion into it that when it’s over, you are almost at a loss of what to do. Rather than constantly harass my engaged friends with the many ideas I have for what the wedding should be like (you know who are and I apologize for any time I get overwhelming), I thought it would be nice to have a spot to place ideas I have for weddings, home decor, and fashion. I have a bit of quirk to me that I haven’t seen in any blogs I have read, so maybe others will find it helpful and interesting — or at least crazy and amusing!
- I really appreciate feedback on my ideas. I have a lot of things on my mind for decorating our home or getting dressed for an event; and ,as I mentioned in the last point, I have a bit of quirk to me so sometimes things get jumbled up and don’t make sense. It is going to be fantastic getting feedback and ideas on my thoughts other than that of my husband’s which either involve eye rolling or “If that’s what you want, that’s what I want”.
- I will have other people to hold me accountable. This one seems a bit odd, I know, but I have a habit of setting goals, getting halfway through, and then giving up and moving on. I am hoping if I put them in print then I will have people (including myself) to hold me accountable to getting things done. I am going to set timelines on working out, paying off loans, and finishing up rooms in my house and having a place to go back and review what has been done will really help with making sure I follow through. Plus, if you want to harass me until I get things done, that would be appreciated as well.
- I don’t really have a fifth reason. But it seemed wrong to only have 4 reasons. I guess my fifth reason can be that it will be a great place for me to talk about myself without worrying about hogging the conversation. No two ways here. Just me blabbing at you, until you get tired and scroll down to the pretty pictures.
Well I think that is it for my very first blog post. That turned out much better than expected, although I promise to have more pictures moving forward. For now…..Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all who have served!
Lots of Love,